Texas Civil and Criminal Defense Lawyer for More Than 30 Years
At the Law Office of James T. Fletcher, we have more than 30 years of experience successfully guiding individuals and businesses throughout the Galveston Bay area through their civil and criminal legal problems. As a general practice firm, we combine the dual strengths of broad perspective and depth of experience to achieve successful outcomes for our clients.
Call 281-648-7780 or contact our law firm online to discuss your legal matter with experienced Friendswood civil attorney and criminal lawyer James Fletcher. We serve clients in Friendswood, Pearland and the entire southeast Houston area.
We Take a Comprehensive View of Your Legal Problem
We take a comprehensive view of every legal situation our clients face. Often, a legal matter that first appears to be limited to one area of law ends up having consequences that spill into others. Because of our ability to assess the big picture, we are able to provide counsel that is insightful, thorough and reliable.
At the same time, we understand that every client and case is unique. We will take the time to understand your specific needs and goals in order to provide the quality representation you need to best meet your objectives.
Our Areas of Practice
We work closely with clients in the following areas:
- Family law : If you are involved in any family law matter such as divorce, child custody, adoption or domestic violence, we will work hard to protect your rights.
- Criminal defense : We defend clients in criminal cases, including municipal and justice of the peace court matters (including traffic violations), misdemeanors and serious felonies.
- Juvenile law: We represent minors accused of delinquent conduct in proceedings before the juvenile court, as well as in cases involving school suspension and other disciplinary actions.
- Real estate law : We will help you understand and protect your rights regarding conveyancing, contracts, leases and landlord-tenant issues.
- Wills, trusts and estate planning : Every adult should at least have a will in place to prepare for the future. Estate planning is not only for the wealthy or elderly.
- Probate and guardianship: We will you represent you in all proceedings involving the Probate Court. We will ensure that you understand your rights and obligations as an executor, administrator or guardian.
- Business law: We provide comprehensive general counsel throughout the life of your business. We handle everything from forming a new corporation, limited liability company partnership or sole proprietorship, to dissolution.
- Social Security Disability: If you are unable to work, we will help you obtain the Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) to which you are entitled. If you have been denied benefits, we will assist you with the appeal.
- Personal injury: Were you hurt in a motor vehicle accident? We will work hard to get the just compensation you deserve for your injuries, lost wages, property damage and any future medical treatment you may need.
- Elder law: We are available to help you determine if you are eligible for Medicaid. Where applicable, we will assist you in establishing Miller Trusts to help you meet the income eligibility thresholds for government benefits.
- Civil litigation: Are you involved in a legal dispute? Rely on our experience and knowledge to effectively represent your best interests throughout the negotiation and litigation process.
Contact the Law Office of James T. Fletcher
Call 281-648-7780 or contact our firm online to schedule an appointment with attorney James Fletcher. We offer free initial consultations for personal injury and Social Security Disability cases.
Conveniently located near the intersection of State FM 518 and FSM 528, our office is easily accessible to clients throughout the Galveston Bay region. We are open from 9 to 5, Monday through Friday, with meetings at other times and locations by appointment.
We offer reasonable fees, with both flat and hourly rates available. For your convenience, we accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express.
Law Office of James T. Fletcher